Content marketing is the term given to companies that actively use content to market and holistically promote their organisation.
In recent years, thanks to the growth of inbound marketing, HubSpot and online technologies and activities – blogging and social media – content marketing has been a focus for most.
If you haven’t yet structured your content strategy, now it is an absolute ‘must do’.
Here are 10 statistics on the importance of content marketing:
• It is anticipated that 29% of the average total marketing budget will be spent on content marketing, says GroupM.
• Over the next 12 months, it is expected that 39% are planning to increase their content marketing spending, according to GroupM.
• GroupM predicts that the total marketing services expenditure worldwide will pass the $1 trillion threshold.
• Of the 11% that don’t currently implement content marketing, more than half (52%) say they plan to in the next 12 months.
• 62% of B2B content marketers said that their organisation’s content marketing success has become much more or somewhat more successful compared to a year ago.
• Just 37% of all B2B content marketers have a documented content marketing strategy.
• 80% state that lead generation is the most important content marketing goal for their organisation this year – followed by brand awareness (79%) and engagement (71%).
• Social media content (83%), blogs (80%) and email newsletters (77%) are the top three activities used by B2B marketers in the last year.
• B2B marketers say that blogs (52%) are the most critical element of their content marketing success in 2017.
• Despite this, 93% of those asked say that email is the most-used activity by B2B marketers, followed by LinkedIn (89%), Twitter (77%) and Facebook (76%).
Give our team a call to discuss your content marketing needs – we love to help!
Rachel Townsend Green